Monday, March 19, 2018

A very nice feeling

In the beginning of February something happened when I was working in my studio. I sensed an inner shift of sorts which I believe changed my approach to painting. As an artist I would say that I am now more fearless, not as easily charmed, and my darlings now drop dead in deep mass graves of paint. ; )

I guess I have come to a point where painting is so every day that I no longer need to protect the results of my work, and that freedom (to destroy) enables me to take my creations further. That's what it feels like anyway. It somehow makes the work of painting richer and more enjoyable. I feel as if I'm able to work myself deeper into the canvas, making it give up another level of its secrets.

This is the first piece made since whatever happened. I call it Awakened Lands.

'Awakened Lands' - Acrylics on canvas - 81x65 cm - Niklas J Brandow

No comments:

Post a Comment