Monday, August 27, 2012

Druids at Rackstadmuseet?

Good news! Two of my paintings were selected to be shown at Höstalongen (Autumn Art Salon) at Rackstadmuseet in Arvika, beginning the 29th of September. Lots of other artists from Värmland will have their work on display, so I'm sure it will be worth a visit. More on that later, I suppose.

For now, I'm posting another new painting, which I call the Druid's Dream. Not that I see any druids in there, but the many greens and browns suggested this romantic sort of title. Something is happening again, and it might as well be some spirits of nature swirling around...as something else, don't you think?


Druid's Dream - Acrylics on Canvas - 46 x 61 cm - Niklas J Brandow
Druid's Dream - Acrylics on Canvas - 46 x 61 cm - Niklas J Brandow (Sold)


Yes, I know it is just fields of paint, but the mind is persistent with trying to make sense of the information. That is one of the great aspects of non-figurative art, I think; That the mind is free to play with what it gets. In this uncertainty of forms and colours, it might even surrender and quiet down for a while, to just look for a few moments. Don't let the title limit your perception. Who knows what druids dream of anyway?



No comments:

Post a Comment