Friday, September 7, 2012

I spy, with my little eye...

I never really decided to do abstract art. It was just something that happened as I opened up the doors and welcomed what I found there. For that reason, I don't mind when people see things in my work, and it is no problem when obvious figures appear, among the otherwise nameless forms. I try to be as honest and simple as I possibly can, and if that means saturated pinks and kittens, then so be it.

This piece has one such element, which several viewers have spotted. I'm not sure if it is coincidental, or in line with my sub- or unconscious will of expression. Can you also see it in there? ...and if you can, do you find it disturbing or helpful?

I call this piece 'Sounded his Trumpet'.


'Sounded his Trumpet' - Acrlics on Canvas - 54 x 65 cm - Niklas J Brandow
'Sounded his Trumpet' - Acrlics on Canvas - 54 x 65 cm - Niklas J Brandow (Sold)

No comments:

Post a Comment