Friday, May 8, 2015

Sacrificing paint

Hi,

No, I'm not giving up painting, as the title of this blogpost might suggest. Rather, I'm spending more time with it again. Having made a lot of digital illustration lately I'm pleased to be pushing physical paint about again.

So, this is the first of a few new paintings which I'm sincerely happy about. There is something in this one that I've been waiting for. I can't put it into words, but it has to do with how the gaze is moved around by the forms and colours; How I can't find real rest in there, and yet is captured enough to keep looking. In short; I find this painting interesting to behold. It challenges me, while keeping me sufficiently entertained. There is a balance in the mess which stimulating to watch. Don't ask me why.

'Sacrificing Paint' - Acrylics on Canvas - 65 x 54 cm - Niklas J Brandow


No comments:

Post a Comment