Friday, August 24, 2012

Bread from the mountains

When I behold my images I see events. I rarely know what kind of events they are, but something is happening here, and it is taking place in the mountains. Forces come together and... what? Perhaps nature is happening? Elemental forces merging and crashing against each other to create a world, just like the many colors combine to make a painting - or even a work of art on a good day.

'In the Mountains' - Acrylics on Canvas - 61 x 50 cm - Niklas J Brandow
'In the Mountains' - Acrylics on Canvas - 61 x 50 cm - Niklas J Brandow

When the forms and colors interact they aim for a kind of balance, and when that balance draws near, I feel a deepened sense of presence, and the beauty which is born resounds inside of me. It is almost like a tone becoming distinct from a previous mess of vibrations.

Aesthetics, or art, holds the strange power to alter our moods, and to some level even our mode of consciousness. I don't know how it works, and can only pay witness to it as I make my paintings. To what extent, I wonder, can this fruitful moment of purity (if I may call it that) be communicated to the audience? Do these forms and colors do anything to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment