Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Inner Fun Palace

When we hear the word fun, I suppose we tend to think primarily about things like parties, roller-coasters, and silly faces. There are however a lot of other things and activities around, which may be regarded as great fun. Though painting rarely bring about hysterical laughter, it can be seriously enjoyable and truly fun work. It can also cause pleasant bodily sensations of well-being and happiness.

Of course, painting can also be very frustrating and stressful at times. It all depends on how one approaches the work at hand, and what kind of hopes and ambitions we bring into it. When it comes to my personal results - the finished paintings - I rarely find them amusing to behold. They might be entertaining, or in other ways stimulating to look at, but I don't intentionally work with humor.

Some pieces however, like the one below, hold a somewhat lighter air, and seem more playful than others - at least to my eyes. Perhaps they even make me a little happy to watch? If you labelled them childish I wouldn't disagree... at least not entirely.

So welcome now to my inner Fun Palace. Let's play for a while, shall we?

Inner Fun Palace - Acrylics on Canvas - 100 x 81 cm - Niklas J Brandow
Inner Fun Palace - Acrylics on Canvas - 100 x 81 cm - Niklas J Brandow (Sold)


No comments:

Post a Comment